[More information can be derived from the below stated websites]
[Even if you dont read the entire blog, please read the last part (not about witchcraft, just an addition I have been wanting to post about)as it can help save someone from doing something he/she may regret later]
- http://www.dpjs.co.uk/rules.html ]
So, a few days ago, as I was looking up for information on interesting topics for a project, I came across the term “WITCHCRAFT AND SATANISM”.[Dont worry, I am not a Satanist XD]
But on a more serious note, how many of us know what witchcraft is ? And no I do not mean old, haggard ladies riding on their broomsticks after dusk. Do we even know what Witchcraft or Satanism actually means? Let me put it out for you guys
Witchcraft :- Witchcraft broadly means the practice of, and belief in, magical skills and abilities that are able to be exercised by individuals and certain social groups. Also, the false assumption that witches worship Satan is false.
According to Greek mythology, the witches worships the goddess Hecate , who is Trivia in Roman mythology. Also, some witches may believe in Crone. The crone is a stock character in folklore and fairy tale, an old woman. In some stories, she is disagreeable, malicious, or sinister in manner, often with magical or supernatural associations that can make her either helpful or obstructing. The Crone is also an archetypal figure, a Wise Woman. Usually, the witches who follow Crone, are the brightest as she also is the figure of a wise woman, as stated above [I do not mean to say Hermione Granger followed the crone]. To be honest, whenever we think about witches, the atrocities that have been committed against them, are huge and inhumane. The worst form of atrocities committed is in Salem, Massachusetts, also infamously known as the Salem witch trials, between between February 1692 and May 1693. More than 200 people were accused of practicing witchcraft. 31 were imprisoned. However, only 19 ( 18 women, 1 man) were put to death, by hanging. None of them were burned at the stake like it had been the practice before. The man who was hanged, refused to admit that he was a witch and was crushed to death with stones as the authorities tried to elicit a confession. His last words, allegedly, were – “More weight!” . So, after knowing this about the witches, the million dollar question… DO THEY STILL EXIST?
The answer is a big resounding YES .
[check this link https://www.aol.com/article/lifestyle/2016/10/26/23-confessions-from-real-life-witches/21592638/]
Yes, witches exist.
No, they don’t worship Satan
No, they don’t all own cats
No, they are NOT at all crazy
No, they are not the bad guys
No, they don’t ride on brooms [ I am sure they can afford transport]
No, they can’t ‘turn’ witches.. it ain’t a choice mate
And NO THEY WON’T CURSE YOU !
The common stereotypes that are prevalent in today’s day are what fuels the fear. Like seriously people….. Green skin? Pointy nose? Large warts? Get out of Hansel and Gretel and come back to the 21st century and do so pretty fast . In this century, the skin color depends on a lot of stuff.. Pretty sure I haven’t seen green yet and the nose can be made pointy or short by this wonderful Medical Breakthrough called Plastic surgery ! So, I believe we need to come out of ‘Hansel and Gretel world’ and look around. I m going to list a few stereotypes and if you happen to believe them, time to say good-bye to beddy-bye land. [BTW The stereotypes below are all false and far from reality]
1. Witches are naturally evil.
2. Witches are not human but rather an evolved form of humans.
3. Witches do not look like regular people.
4. You must be born into a family of Witches to become one.
5. Witches can steal “powers” from each other.
6. Witchcraft and Christianity are opposites.
7. It is difficult to hurt a witch.
8. Witches are resistant to spells.
9. Witches always dress in black.
10. Witches can change their form and appearance at will.
11. Witches can change the form and appearance of others at will.
12. Witches can manipulate time.
13. All Witches engage in ritualistic orgies.
14. Witches can fly on broomsticks
15. Witches can fly without broomsticks.
16. A witch is a female with super powers.
17. A male witch is called a Warlock.
18. Witches worship Satan
19. Witches have made a deal with Satan to attain supernatural powers.
20. Witches perform animal and human sacrifices.
21. Witchcraft has no rules.
22. Witchcraft is the same as Satanism
23. Witches hate Christians
24. Wicca and Witchcraft are the same thing.
25. Wicca has nothing to do with Witchcraft.
26. Witches promote Abortion as a form of human sacrifice.
27. Witches are allergic to water.
28. Witches hate being called Witches
29. No man can be a witch.
30. Witches are the same a Gypsies.
31. Witchcraft is not a religious practice.
32. Being a witch means not believing in any higher power.
33. Witches can possess people.
34. Witches get sick or hurt when Jesus Chris is mentioned or a crucifix is shown to them.
35. All witches practice “Black Magic”
36. Witches and Genies are always communicating.
37. Witches can levitate
38. Witches become a witch by having another witch cast a spell on them.
39. Witches grant wishes.
40. Witches can turn into ghosts.
41. Witches can make things “float”
42. Witches do not come out during the day.
43. Witches avoid public and live in the woods.
44. Witches have no worries and are always happy.
45. Witches can bring pictures “to life”
46. Witches summon demons and then take control of them for future use.
47. Witchcraft is not a religion.
48. Witches put curses on priests.
49. The Pentagram is a sign of Satan
50. Witches do not exist..
[Source – https://hubpages.com/religion-philosophy/Stereotypes-Of-Witches]
So, that was pretty much everything about witches. I will post more about this in my next blog about Satanists.
But, my dear readers, I am not done yet. I ask for only 10 more minutes of your precious time. For the past few months, I have been seeing a lot of people who become victims to a monster we today call “Depression” . The term is not unfamiliar and neither are the consequences of people who can’t deal with it. Depression is not noticeable on a person’s face. The person may be smiling outside and making others feel happy, but on the inside, they must be breaking. I have a few friends who I know are going through this. I have also read up a lot of articles about this. I m going to list a few causes of depression, symptoms and how you can help yourself or others.
Depression is a serious illness caused by changes in brain chemistry. Research tells us that other factors contribute to the onset of depression, including
- changes in hormone levels,
- certain medical conditions,
- difficult life circumstances.
Here are the common symptoms seen in people with depression. If you are experiencing any of these please contact the links i post below.